Will You Please Foster a Dog or Cat?
Why is fostering so important?
We always need foster homes. New animals needing a place to stay come in everyday. For every animal we are able to place into foster care, we are able to rescue another animal from a tragic end with animal control.
Make a Difference
Short-or-long-term foster care is great for folks who cannot adopt.
I’m interested in fostering a dog or cat
Adult dogs available to foster
Help provide a safe space for pets to begin their new, happy lives.
Kingsport Pet Adoption Center would not exist without foster homes. Our foster families save pets who are too young to be adopted yet, elderly, recovering from surgery, scared or depressed. Fostering, is a selfless, compassionate and generous commitment and we recognize that.
As foster parents to the cats and dogs of our facility, you provide the love and stability they need. We thank you for that!
Save a Life
When you foster a pet, we have room to bring another pet to our no-kill shelter. You’re saving two lives!
Free Food & Medical
We can provide you with all the food and supplies you need. We can take care of all their medical needs as well.
Perfectly Paired Pets
After you fill out your foster application, our foster home coordinator works with you to find the right pets for your home.
Simple Steps to Becoming a Foster Parent to a Cat or Dog
Complete the Foster Care Application and be on your way to changing the life of a cat or dog.
Why Foster an Animal?
- Fostering allows us to save even more lives by allowing us the space to rescue another animal from animal control before they are euthanized.
- Fostering a dog or cat is a fun and rewarding experience that the whole family can participate in and receive unconditional love in return.
- We cover the cost of all of the medical needs, food, bowls, playpens, litter boxes, cages ect while you are fostering so there is no cost to the foster home.
- You are keeping the animal in a safe, quiet environment while they get all of their booster vaccines so they won’t get sick.
- We receive over 300 emails a day pleading for our help to rescue hundreds of cats and dogs! The more people willing to become a fosters, the more animals lives we can save every day!
Typical Steps to Become a Cat or Dog Foster Parent
- Fill out the foster care application form.
- Our foster home coordinator will contact you as soon as we process the application to discuss what type of foster animal may work well in your family.
- Once the animal arrives, we will notify you when you should arrive at the shelter to pick up the animal and we will give you everything you need to take them home that day!
- Love and care for your foster animal.
- If fostering a kitten or puppy, they will need to come back to the shelter every 15 days for booster vaccines and go to our vet clinic for neutering on a specified day & time.
- If fostering an adult dog or cat, you would need to be able to bring them back to the shelter to meet potential adopters.
- Return the animal to the shelter to find their permanent home through adoption.